Matthew Neill has been with ABDM since January, 2016. He earned his Juris Doctorate from the University of Georgia School of Law and his undergraduate degree from Baylor University. Matthew’s desire to become an attorney was fueled by a great admiration for his father, a judge in North Texas. As an attorney, Matthew is focused on finding the most efficient way to resolve the issues facing his clients. At ABDM, Matthew appreciates being able to draw upon the strengths of his colleagues when faced with novel legal questions and being able to work with clients from the start of litigation through resolution. On the weekends, Matthew enjoys hiking the Barton Creek Greenbelt with his dog Liz Lemon.
Areas of Practice:
- Business Law
- Estate Planning
- Eminent Domain/Property Rights
- Intellectual Property
- Successfully represented a well-known global technology company in a Federal antitrust lawsuit; obtained a favorable settlement during trial.
- Successfully represented a national non-profit organization in a multi-million dollar copyright infringement lawsuit; obtained a favorable settlement before trial.
Almanza, Blackburn, Dickie & Mitchell LLP, Associate, January 2016 to Present
Cantey Hanger, LLP, Associate, September 2012 to December 2015.
- The University of Georgia School of Law (J.D., 2012) Member, University of Georgia Mock Trial Team Intern, Western Judicial Circuit Public Defender Office
- Baylor University (B.A., 2009)
Awards, Presentations, and Activities:
- Junior Achievement
- Ronald McDonald House Red Shoe Society
- SteerFW Homelessness Taskforce
- Coaches youth basketball and soccer teams
- Business Friendly Rules Adopted by Texas Supreme Court, John Polzer and Matthew J. Neill, Fort Worth Business Press, June, 2013
Licensed to Practice in Texas, 2012
State Bar of Texas
Austin Bar Association