Almanza, Blackburn, Dickie & Mitchell LLP, Partner, January 1, 2010 to Present
Akin & Almanza, Partner, February 1, 2005 to December 31, 2009
Akin & Almanza, Of Counsel, 2003 to January 31, 2005
Molly Mitchell, Attorney at Law, 1999 – 2003
Brown Carls & Mitchell, LLP, Partner, 1995 – 1999
Brown McCarroll & Oaks Hartline, Associate and Partner, 1990 – 1995
Hutcheson & Grundy (Houston), Associate, 1987 – 1990
Admitted to bar May 1987, Texas; also admitted to practice before U.S. District Court, Northern, Southern, Eastern, and Western Districts of Texas, and U.S. 5th Circuit Court of Appeals
University of Texas at Austin – Doctor of Jurisprudence, December 1986;
University of Texas at Austin – Journalism with Honors, May 1983
Areas of Practice:
- General Commercial and Land Title Litigation.
- Creditor Rights and Bankruptcy.
- Homeowner Association Litigation.
- Residential and Commercial Real Estate Litigation.
Former Board Member, Women’s Chamber of Commerce of Texas
Member, State Bar of Texas; American Bar Association; Travis County Bankruptcy Bar Association,
Texas Land Title Association and Association of Attorney Mediators
Speeches and Papers:
- “The DTPA and Real Estate Transactions” (Austin Board of Realtors Seminar)
- “Lost Profits” (1996 Damages in Commercial Litigation Seminar)
- “Easements: An Overview and Update” (2001 and 2004 Title Company Underwriter Annual Conferences)
- “The Creative Use of Alternative Dispute Resolution” (Speech Given to Various Civic Organizations)
Texas Real Estate Commission – Continuing Education Instructor