Bo joined the firm in 2000 and has over 23 years of litigation experience. Bo’s practice and trial experience spans a broad range including real estate, construction and fiduciary duty cases. Bo also serves on the Texas Real Estate Commission Broker Lawyer Committee. Bo’s extensive work in the real estate industry lead him to cofound Sellers Shield, a risk management company for residential real estate transactions. Bo is heavily involved in the Austin community, including serving on the board for many non-profit organizations.
Almanza, Blackburn, Dickie & Mitchell LLP, Partner, January 1, 2010 to Present
Akin & Almanza, Partner, February 1, 2005 to December 31, 2009
Akin & Almanza, Associate, 2000 to January 31, 2005
Midland County District Attorney’s Office, Assistant District Attorney, 1999 – 2000 – Hiring Committee, 1999 – 2000
Admitted to bar November, 1998, Texas; also admitted to practice before U.S. District Court, Western and Northern Districts of Texas
- Texas Tech University – Doctor of Jurisprudence, Cum Laude, 1998
- University of Texas at Austin – Bachelor of Arts Biology, 1994
- General civil commercial litigation.
- Legal and professional malpractice defense.
- Residential and commercial real estate litigation.
- Professional licensing and regulation.
- Municipality defense litigation.
- Land use litigation.
- Employment litigation.
- Personal injury litigation
Legal Research Board, Texas Tech School of Law
Texas Cowboys Service Organization
University of Texas Named “Rising Star” in real estate litigation by Texas Monthly Magazine
- Lawyer member on the TREC broker-lawyer committee, by the State Bar of Texas — 08/2011–present.
- Nursery Council, Tarrytown United Methodist Church — 2008 – 2009
- Endowment Board, Tarrytown United Methodist Church — Board Member, 2009 – Present
- Westlake Oaks Homeowners Association — Board Member, 2009 – 2010
- Board Member Westlake Athletic & Community Center
- Board Member St. Michaels Athletic Center
- President Pop Warner Westlake
- Board Member Westlake Youth Basketball Association
Texas Real Estate Commission – Continuing Education Instructor